Monday, March 22, 2010

Thank You Craigslist

I've been on the hunt for a coffee table that fits with our sectional. Man, is that a tough task. My husband and I shopped all over our local area, only to find that Pottery Barn's Metropolitan collection's table was one of the few that would actually work. However, I've had a hard time justifying the extra shipping costs I'd encur by shopping PB online (since it's the only way I could order the table).

I did a little random online shopping one day though craigslist and found EXACTLY the table I was looking to purchase. And, it was $265 less (not including shipping fees, taxes, etc). I was sold!

I'm still deciding what to do with the table - paint it? refinish it? stain it? I can't decide. But, for now, it's sitting our living room just waiting to be refinished to match our other furniture in our family room. I did find out it's the older model of the current Metropolitan table, but I still like the smooth lines and classic, yet contemporary feel. Here's a close up.



Here's the table in our family room with my new pictures in the background. I made these myself thanks to a tutorial from Lowes. I'll be explaining how I made these in another post - stay tuned!




1 comment:

  1. What a great find! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete